Friday, November 12, 2010

Some Days.....

Some days this game has it in for me.  I'm only playing as tourists now, so any significant success in the game gets my enthusiasm up.  This game, it seems like the game was toying with me.

First off, I found an artifact weapon in a weapon shop on level 2.  Magicbane?  Mjollnir?  Frostbrand?  No, Trollsbane.  Yay.

Next, I find another artifact on a corpse.  Firebrand?  Vorpal Blade?  No, Cleaver.  Double yay.

I cleared out the Gnomish Mines shop level without finding anything of note and ascended back to the Dungeons of Doom.  One level down, and what do I get?  Something about burning bones and I'd better run.  What?  I don't remember any message like that before.... One step into the room and suddenly there's an invisible Arch-Lich using touch of death on me.  Then there are two.  Then I am dead.

Could I have escaped?  Perhaps.  I might have had a wand of digging, come to think about it.  Meh.  This game had it out for me this time.  Time to start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment