Thursday, October 28, 2010

Let the New Era of Nethack Begin!

Okay, maybe that's a bit optimistic.  Paul, Josh and I are trying to get the "new guys" to play Nethack, with mixed results.  At least one expressed "hatred" for the game, and has tried to play it again.  Another has told us that he doesn't cope with frustration well.  Consider Nethack an exercise in character building then.

I have abandoned our local server to play on telnet:nethack.alt.org now.  The ability to watch other people play is kind of cool.  I have my options file set to only play tourists.  I currently have a co-aligned altar on level 1, and am consuming a bag of tricks to sacrifice on it.  So far tons of sacrifices and no goodies.

2 comments:

  1. What about the donut challenge?

    /sigh I guess it's time to capture the scorefile and then turn the lights off of ol' emunix.

    ReplyDelete